10 Fun Ideas for Your Next Team Activity
There’s nothing better than having your whole company come together to have fun, laugh, talk, and get to know each other.
That only happens, however, when you put effort into creating a special event or activity. To help you out, we’ve rounded up some creative ideas for your next team-wide occasion!
Since everyone loves to eat, get-togethers that involve food are guaranteed hits. (Plus, there’s no better way to get people to show up than by promising them free food!)
- Cook-off: Separate everyone into teams, give them the same ingredients, and challenge them to make culinary masterpieces.
- Themed Lunch: If you’re looking for a recurring activity, try holding weekly themed lunches. You can even encourage some friendly rivalry by having a different department cook every week and giving awards for the best dishes.
- Restaurant Outing: Want a super easy, low-effort outing to organize? Invite all your colleagues to a mid-day meal. To make it feel special, organize your lunch around a food holiday, like National Taco Day (October 4th), National Chili Day (February 27th), or National Cheesecake Day (July 30th).
If you want to promote an active lifestyle, hosting health-centric activities is a great way to do it.
- Group Fitness Classes: Hire a local dance, yoga, or cardio instructor to come by your office and lead your team through a 60-minute class. Or, if the office is a bit tight for that, arrange a group trip to a fitness studio.
- Train for a Race: Organizing a group run is a fantastic way to build morale. After all, a team that has trained and run a race together can definitely work on a project together. You can also use this as an opportunity to raise money for charity.
- Rock-Climbing: Going rock-climbing is fun, physically challenging, and provides lots of opportunities for your employees to get to know each other—and support each other during hard climbs.
These miscellaneous activities will let your employees show off the parts of their personalities they usually don’t bring to the office.
- Fantasy Football League: This will give everyone in the office something to talk about. But if you don’t want to organize a 17-week competition, have a March Madness bracket instead.
- Book Club: People from all different walks of life (or just different areas of the company) can bond over books.
- Karaoke: This activity isn’t for every office. We recommend going out to a karaoke place if your team is fairly young or playful.
- Scavenger Hunts: It’s hard not to enjoy running around with your co-workers on a beautiful day looking for things like “a man wearing bright red socks” or “a dog wearing an outfit.” This activity is ideal if your office is located in a fairly urban area with a good public transport system.
What’s your office’s favorite way to hang out? Tell us in the comments or tweet at us: @SigConsult!
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the seventh consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 26 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients’ technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.