IT Job Demand Tied to Big Data, Mobile Computing, ‘Bring Your Own Device’ and Cloud Computing Trends
Fort Lauderdale, FL – January 8, 2013 – Signature Consultants, one of the largest IT staffing firms in the U.S., recently ranked the hottest IT jobs for 2013 based on current job orders and predicted demand from its clients.
“Big Data, mobile computing, BYOD, cloud computing – these technology trends are changing the workplace, and with it, the demand for IT skills and talent to keep enterprises current,” said Pat Quagrello, director of recruiting at Signature. “In addition, we continue to see demand for staff to support infrastructure projects and for web developers with strong .NET and Java skills. Job seekers with skill sets that match up well to these trends will be well-positioned for 2013.”
According to the TechServe Alliance, a collaboration of IT staffing firms, solutions firms, clients, consultants and suppliers, the number of information technology jobs is at an all-time high. Current figures show the number of IT jobs reached 4,198,800 during the month of August, which is up 5,100 from July. Year over year, IT employment has grown 3.36 percent.
Signature predicts the following jobs will be most in-demand for 2013:
- Big Data Jobs: Database administrators and developers, especially those with information security skills; Computer systems analyst; Data warehouse analyst; Business Intelligence architect; Data scientist
- Mobile computing jobs: Mobile application developer; Video game designers; IT security specialist; Help desk/technical support specialist; User experience designer; Web site developers
- ‘Bring Your Own Device’ jobs: Network administrator; Data security analyst
- Cloud Computing jobs: Applications software engineers; Systems software engineers; IT security specialist; Web developer; Project manager; SAN engineer; Private cloud developer/administrator; Departmental liaison; Integration specialist; Cloud architect; Compliance specialist; ERP Cloud Computing specialists (SAP Hana); CRM (SAP, Salesforce)
- Infrastructure projects: Web developers; Security engineer; Windows administrator; Project manager; Business analyst; QA; Database administrators; BI and Datawarehouse developers; Network engineers; Systems engineers
Despite demand for some new positions, Java and .NET developers continue to lead the market in demand, according to Signature’s recruiters. In addition, Signature’s recruiters are seeing demand for a new high-level consulting role: Business Process Optimization or Business Process Re-engineering. In this position, a consultant with a range of high-level business and technical skills is hired to look at an organization’s overall systems to spot outdated technologies, redundancies and inefficiencies and to offer counsel on cutting costs and improving productivity.
Earlier this year Signature Consultants was voted the “#1 Best Staffing Firm to Temp/Contract For” in the United States by Staffing Industry Analysts. This is the second year in a row that the company has received the accolade. Employees were anonymously surveyed to measure their level of engagement within the company, which accounted for Signature’s first-place ranking.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” and is named the 15th Largest IT Staffing Firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients’ technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit https://www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.