The Signature Solution:
Signature was engaged to identify and build a self-sufficient business analysis team to support the integration of the third line of business into the CRM application.
Given Signature’s history of providing business analyst services to this client, Signature was engaged to identify and build a self-sufficient business analysis team to support the integration of the third line of business into the CRM application. Signature’s team integrated with and assisted the larger client team to quickly document all application requirements, complete a thorough gap analysis, and prepare functional specifications to support the software development and implementation. Leveraging client provided documents, materials, and training, the initial Signature team members developed an internal on-boarding process that allowed them to support the on-boarding activities for future team members, thus significantly reducing the workload on client resources:
Key Benefits Provided
- Self-sufficient project team – Initially, the Signature team was independent and asked to self-train on the CRM application, thereby minimizing impact on overburdened client resources. The team worked together to research the application through documentation, prototype testing, and information sharing among team members. New consultants on the program were able to quickly ramp up by relying on the larger Signature team.
- Management of resources – Signature provided an engagement manager who worked closely with the client and the Signature team to help support the program. Engagement manager activities included the following:
- Collect consultant status reports and consolidate into a weekly Signature status report.
- Support consultants with any issues or challenges they may face on their individual works streams.
- Insure resources are properly on- and off-boarded to client’s systems and help to resolve access issues.
- Support client program managers by providing a focal point for collecting insight from and delivering program level messages to the Signature team.
- Supported development of key project deliverables – The Signature team provided consistent requirements and functional design documentation across the program work streams. The team worked together to share best practices on approach to deliverables and problem resolution. In many cases, the Signature team was the ‘glue’ that kept the project work streams moving in the same direction. In addition, the engagement manager assisted in the development of the program dashboard used to report to senior leadership.
- Flexible and scalable – The Signature team provided resource flexibility across the program – able to add quickly and contract as needed. Within the highly functional team, resources were easily moved between work streams to fill client resource gaps or provide additional support where most needed.