10 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Technical/Engineering Coach for an opportunity with a client located in Des Moines, IA.
- Coach teams in planning, implementing and delivering high quality software utilizing modern Agile practices and principles
- Help team bridge the gap between business and technology
- Develop high performing teams and organizations that focus on the consistent and repeated delivery of business value
- Teach and coach on unit testing principles and practices, including how to write good tests and test-driven development (TDD)
- Identify and find solutions with strong design patterns knowledge
- Assist organizations in all aspects of standing up high functioning teams
- Facilitated workshops/learning sessions around topics such as: refactoring legacy code, test-driven development (TDD), CI/CD, DevOps, micro-services, automation, cloud, etc.
- Work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience working with various tech stacks, deep knowledge in either Java and/or .NET, experience working with Cloud a plus
- Pragmatic approach to application of agile methodologies and best practices
- Deep understanding in Extreme Programming (XP practices, CI, CD, Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Hands-on coding experience as a software developer, software engineer, or software tester using XP, Lean / Agile methodologies within software, infrastructure, hardware, and operational environments
- Ability to demonstrate modern programming best practices or test first development
- Senior-level skills in systems architecture, design, development, and programming in object-oriented and relational databases and client server platforms
- Experience in leading and mentoring technical teams, and showing others how to write code
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and communication, both written and spoken
- Strong executive presence, facilitation skills, drive for results, attention to quality and detail, and a synergetic attitude
- BA/BS in Computer Science, or related degree
- Proficient with software technical stack including Java, .Net/C#, C, C++
- Working knowledge of one or more Agile Lifecycle Management tools including Atlassian Tool Suite, Jira, Rally, VersionOne, Trello (or equivalent)
- Good work ethic and the ability to work with diverse teams across different time zones
- Active to internal and external requests
- Experience in consulting and solution based professional services would be a plus
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.