21 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Ansible Engineer ( REMOTE) for an opportunity with a client located in Chicago. IL.
Our client is looking for someone to work on a 3-6 month contract to start (possible extensions afterwards). The Developer is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and rollout of application images and application/infrastructure coded tasks. This position works closely with the cross-functional teams to understand and implement their strategic initiatives on time and on budget. The Developer proactively suggests innovative solutions to provide marketing differentiation and better user experience for increased speed of delivery and consistent application of supporting task functionality.
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to mobile native applications
- Assists with specified procedures
- Performs the execution of given test scripts under supervision
- Records results and reports issues
- Develops an understanding of the role of testing within system development, as a tool for design improvement as well as a validation process
- Investigates problems in systems, processes and services
- Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures
- Carries out the design, testing, and documentation moderately complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools. Collaborates in reviews of specifications, with others as appropriate
- Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements
- Assists in the software builds from software source code
- Performs tests as defined in an integration test specification, records the details of any failures, and carries out fault diagnosis relating to simple failures, reporting the results of the diagnosis in a clear and concise manner
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- 2+ years of development experience with configuration management code and general scripting
- Strong experience in ansible, Linux and middleware application install and configuration
- Experience in NGNX, JBoss, tomcat, Microsoft Server, .net a plus
- Passion for learning new technologies and eagerness to collaborate with other creative minds
- Possess a strong work ethic; takes pride in producing a quality product
- Excellent communication skills
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.