Charlotte, North Carolina
about 2 months ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a API Developer for an opportunity with a client located in Charlotte, NC. Our client is seeking a candidate who will be responsible for designing and building Enterprise APIs to grow and support digital footprint. The candidate will work with stakeholders, technology team leadership and subject matter experts to analyze, design, build and implement API's needed within the organization. The candidate will also be in charge of implementation, documentation, and integration of a variety of software platforms through the REST API framework. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enables us to deliver and improve on the product quickly.
- Understand creation and deployment of API led design strategy, API usage framework, and project team API enablement guidance as a core member of the service delivery team
- Effectively communicates project expectations, issues, risks, and decisions to project team and business stakeholder related to API implementation Designs
- Develops and prototypes cloud deployed, and DevOps enabled scalable solutions to business problems in alignment with the architecture direction and standards
- Implement common APIs based on architecture guidelines and framework related to logging, authentication, security, error recovery etc
- Participate in an agile delivery process, and as part of that help size stories and own, research and recommend new solutions
- Knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best-practices especially Swagger and OpenAPI 3.0, REST, SOAP, MQ, JSON, Microservices etc
- Experience in using Apigee Edge and Micro-gateway for development of API proxies
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization of services via OAuth 2
- Test capability SOAUPUI, Selenium, Cucumber, Postman
- Awareness of software design principles and integration patterns in general and of consuming and creating REST and SOAP web services in particular
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
Past work experience:
- Java, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate
- Relational and/or non-relational databases
- JMS, queues, publishing to and subscribing from topics
- Unit testing with JUnit
- CI/CD tools Jenkins, Maven, Jira, BitBucket
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.