22 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Big Data Hadoop Developer for an opportunity with a client located in Harrisburg, NC. Our client is seeking someone to work on a assignment 12+ months. This project will provision Ops Risk reporting data to CARAT (reporting app) from multiple sources, aligning to the Corporate Risk reporting strategy. The project will allow Op Risk LoBs to self-service comprehensive board and operational reporting. This is to address regulatory, compliance or risk related issues. Operational Risk has work streams associated with the Target Operating Model (TOM) for Operational Risk. Commitment includes making progress, remediate and sustain all deliverables associated with this project. This position is to replace a single person who can provide coverage for that function in US hours so it doesn't have to wait for a whole day and adversely impact deliverable timelines. This resource will spend their time with development, unit testing, SIT,UAT and Prod support
Location: Charlotte, NC (remote until post Covid-19 ~ onsite after COVID)
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of Apache Spark design and development experience using Scala, Java, Python or Data Frames with Resilient Distributed Datasets (RDDs)
- 5+ years of design and development experience with columnar databases using Parquet or ORC file formats on Hadoop
- 5+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop
- 2+ years of experience integrating with RESTful API and/or experience with Kafka
- 5+ years of Java/Python experience
- 5+ years of operational risk or credit risk or compliance domain experience
- Must be proactive and take ownership of deliverables
- Previous financial experience
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.