25 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Cisco Network Engineer for an opportunity with a client located in Westchester, IL.
- Experienced in working with Carriers, Vendors and Technology partners for lifecycle management, procurement, troubleshooting, etc
- Efficiency in using wired / wireless network analysis & management tools, network sniffers and monitoring platforms (SolarWinds, Ekahau , Wireless Prime)
- Working knowledge and understanding of routing /switching concepts related to datacenter ISR routers/ Nexus switches etc
- Working knowledge of firewall technologies (Palo Alto), Load balancers (F5) and VPN
- Exposure to modifying and maintenance of automation codes (Python/Terraform/PowerShell ,etc. )
- Working knowledge with cloud networking concepts (WAF, AppGateways, Vnet, etc ) and knowledge on SDWAN platforms(Velocloud)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network problems on the technologies and platforms mentioned
- Ability to create technical documentation, logical and network drawings, prepare and maintain project plans, follow direction and collaborate with other infrastructure team members
- This person will be required to be a part of an on-call rotation and may be required for deployments during 'after-hour' maintenance windows
- 5 - 7 years' experience with large structured corporate and data center LAN / WAN environments
- 5 - 7 years' experience with Cisco Routers, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF) , Switching and Wireless
- Experienced in working with Carriers, Vendors and Technology partners
- Candidate must have a 4-year degree (or equivalent experience) and a minimum of seven years prior experience in Networking
- Experience with Cisco wireless infrastructure will be viewed extremely favorably
- Preferred candidates will have experience with: Cisco Nexus switches, Cisco wireless, F5 load balancers, Fortinet and Palo Alto firewalls and Automation coding
- SD-WAN experience
- Certifications preferred CCNP or Higher
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.