26 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Controller for an opportunity with a client located in Farmers Branch, TX.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close
- Conduct full-cycle accounting (including, but not limited to: A/R, A/P, Capital, Inventory, month-end close & management reporting)
- Maintain & balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, & resolving discrepancies.
- Assist the CFO in the daily banking requirements and ensure accuracy of payment/receipt transactions
- Manage the accounts receivable process by contacting customers and resolving impediments to the timely payment
- Manage the accounts payable process to ensure accuracy of internal aging to customer aging statements, credits posted correctly by staff, payments applied correctly by customers, etc.
- Manage various tax filings for income, sales, property
- Assist with internal controls and audit preparation
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Supports budget and forecasting activities
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO and other Department heads regarding financial results, ad-hoc requests, etc.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Work both independently and collaboratively with special projects and workflow process improvements as needed
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, preferably in a real estate construction environment or related company
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or Business Administration with a focus on accounting
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.