13 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Data Engineer for an opportunity with a client located in Addison, TX. As a Database Engineer you will be following established written procedures, guidelines and techniques to develop and implement databases. You will also be working on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, exercising discernment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions, and understand the systems development process and have a solid grasp of business processes.
- Bachelors/Technical degree or equivalent experience in related IS/IT discipline
- Success in leading technical projects across organizations, requiring planning, coordination, teamwork and technical problem solutions
- Previous Database Administration experience in a large enterprise environment
- Database maintenance by identifying and solving database requirements; supporting users
- Ability to provide insights based on expertise as to the design, development, and maintenance of database(s)
- Previous experience with database performance tuning
- Demonstrable experience in Oracle and/or SQL Server
- Experience with the development and implementation of complex databases, as well as maintenance to existing databases
- Assist/train more junior resources on the team
- High-level understanding of database security concepts
- Ability to understand current-state processes and improve upon workflow process as needed
- Solid grasp of the principles of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Microsoft SQL Server database administration
- SQL and ETL Development
- Data Modeling and Metadata Management
- Experience with Sparx Enterprise Architect / Orbus / Bizzdesign a plus
- Experience managing SQL Server databases
- Experience developing and maintaining data jobs (ETL, SSIS, Toad, etc.)
- Ability to code DDL/DML/ETL scripts
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.