2 months ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Desktop Engineer for an opportunity with a client located in Lemont, IL. Our client is looking for the ideal candidate with In-depth knowledge in operations and engineering functions of desktop operating systems and other workplace technologies like Windows 7/10/11, MacOS, Citrix, SCCM, GPOs, Active Director, Digital Signage, and Infrastructure/Enterprise Support.
- Deploying, creating, and maintaining client desktop images, configuration, software distribution, and patching
- Extensive knowledge of software packages used in images for endpoint security, basic operations, productivity and management e.g. McAfee, Symantec, O365, RDP
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities to develop and continuously refine processes to improve endpoint functionality and stability
- Ensure that the network and connectivity issues are clearly identified and fixed
- Develop enhanced production monitoring and additional capabilities
- Ensure that the desktops, mobile devices, tablets, and BYOD devices are updated with latest patches, ensuring security and latest features to be available
- Manage project deliverables and support services such that all the SLA's are met for every measuring period
- Ensure contractual deliverables are provided and performance SLA's are achieved
- Responsible for providing Tier III support to internal customers by processing incidents and service requests that arrive at the technical help desk
- Use ServiceNow to track, record, and maintain all Incidents and Change requests while maintaining internal and customer facing documentation in the Knowledge Base
- Knowledgeable and have used vulnerability management tools such as Tenable SC and is able to interpret vulnerability management output/scan results and develop remediation activities to be presented to change management and cyber teams
- Master's Degree with 3 years; Undergraduate Degree with 5 years
- 5+ years' experience managing client infrastructure and assets including desktops, tablets, and mobile phone
- 5+ years in Information Technology experience in technical solution design, Windows desktops, MacOS desktops, Citrix Workspace and/or other virtualization solution
- Proven reporting experience and capabilities in ServiceNow or similar ITSM system
- IT Certifications: MCITP, MCSA, MCA, RedHat, Linux, or equivalent
- DoD 8140 Security Certification; COMPTIA IT certification (A+, Net+, Linux+ etc….)
- Experience in supporting hybrid cloud environment
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.