about 1 month ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a DevOps Software Engineer II for an opportunity with a client located in Jacksonville, FL.
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience in DevOps environment in a large enterprise is desired
- Experience engineering Cloud based solutions in AWS highly preferred
- Experience using industry standard automation and deployment tools, such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory, Jenkins etc.
- Familiarity with TFS, Team Build, or MS Build Scripts is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in cloud automation tooling such as Cloud Formation, ARM Templates, Terraform, Ansible, etc. in the deployment of cloud based solutions
- Understanding of fundamental cloud architecture, such as EC2, VPC, Security Groups, networking fundamentals, serverless, storage, and identity
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience with general web server and application server administration, with specific understanding of HTTP protocol including security best practices
- Experience working on UNIX / LINUX
- Understanding of database management technologies, such as MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, AWS RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc. a plus
- Uses development technologies like Sagemaker, Cassandra, Spark, Graph Databases, RedShift, DynamoDb, Elastic Beanstalk, Docker, and Amazon EMR is a plus
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry (e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma)
- Knowledge of banking practices, regulations and operations within assigned line(s) of business
- In-depth understanding of design patterns and their application
- Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.