29 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Hadoop Developer for an opportunity with a client located in Charlotte, NC.
- Meeting with the development team to assess the company's big data infrastructure
- Designing and coding hadoop applications to analyze data collections
- Creating data processing frameworks
- Extracting data and isolating data clusters
- Testing scripts and analyzing results
- Troubleshooting application bugs
- Maintaining the security of company data
- Creating data tracking programs
- Producing Hadoop development documentation
- Training staff on application use
- Requires 7+ years of development experience
- Experience working with big data and eco system (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, pySpark, HBase, Sqoop, Impala, Kafka, Flume, Oozie, MapReduce, S3 etc.)
- Experience with high level programming languages (Python, Java, etc)
- Experience working with database systems (e.g. Exadata, NoSQL, Cassandra, Neo4j, etc.)
- Experience working as part of an Agile team and using Agile SDLC tools (Jira, etc.)
- Ability to partner with other functional areas to ensure execution of development, design, coding, testing, debugging and documenting application
- Ability to develop awareness of business function for which application is being designed in order to drive out detailed requirements and form effective partnerships
- Strong analytical ability, independent problem solving, and good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and deliver in a fast paced agile environment
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.