28 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Informatica/ETL Developer for an opportunity with a client located in Jersey City, NJ. Our client is looking for the ideal candidate who is experienced in Informatica (10x) and possess strong SQL and data warehousing skills as well as be well versed in the Agile SDLC lifecycle processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures related to ETL/Data design and development
- Implementing solutions using Informatica PowerCenter 10x (Designer/Monitor)
- Develop and recommend strategies and specifications for (technical) data solutions based on the analysis of the business goals, objectives, needs, and existing data systems infrastructure
- Data Modeling and experience in developing new logical, conceptual, and physical models for data and system flows
- Develop technical strategies and architectures for high-performance, scalable and complex enterprise-grade system
- Work with ETL developers, business analyst, DBAs, system administrators, to architect data model, design and implement database as well as write ETL related programs
- Work closely with the team responsible for the maintaining the data model, including data dictionary/metadata registry
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference
- At least 5-7 years' experience in a large Data Warehouse environment
- 5-7 years' experience in Informatica PowerCenter (10x), focused on utilizing push down optimization, mapplets and worklets. Experience working complex transformations including update strategies, routers, normalizers etc.
- Expert SQL writing/tuning
- 3-4 years' experience in Linux/Unix
- 3-4 years' experience in relational databases - Oracle Exadata preferred
- 3-4 years' experience in Python scripting. Additionally, experience in other open source scripting will be strongly considered
- 2-3 years' experience with scheduling tools such as Autosys, TIDAL etc
- Strong understanding of Data Warehouse/MDM concepts (ETL, Star Schema, slowly changing dimensions)
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, Data Warehouse and business Intelligence solutions
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Proficient in shell scripting and performance tuning within a Unix/Linux Environment
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills
- Ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks/projects according to priorities
- Ability to work in a group or team environment
- Experience working at financial institutions in the global banking and mark
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.