21 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Java Architect for an opportunity with a client located in University Park, TX.
- Drive toward uniform enterprise design and ensure standards are developed, implemented, and maintained
- Provide technical leadership to the application development, support, and operations teams to insure appropriate architectural patterns are being implemented based on enterprise standards
- Work with development and operations to continue to educate and evolve the underlying technology to take advantage of new features that may provide a more secure, scalable, and highly available platform for our customers
- Review designs, support / operations approach, and practices, make recommendations and partner with teams to drive improvements
- Provide guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud
- Proactively monitor performance of the applications/products and engage with services and development team to investigate performance issues and potential capacity bottlenecks
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software
- Consult with clients on redesign and enhancements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 10 years of work experience
- 8+ years' experience in software design principles and software architecture
- 10+ years Hands on coding experience with Java, JEE, .NET technologies.
- 5+ years' experience with API design and implementing RESTful web services
- 4+ years' experience with Docker and/or Pivotal Cloud Foundry to aid DevOps and Software Installation Solutions
Skills and Experience:
- Hands on architect who can architect, design, code, and architect applications
- Hands on experience in DB design as part of solution
- Hands on experience with UI frameworks leveraging responsive design
- Experience in working on E2E solution
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends
- Experience with DevOps Pipeline, GIT, JIRA is a significant plus
- Working Experience in building and deploying applications on Cloud Platforms particularly Azure
- Working knowledge of building platforms using microservices, docker containers, Kubernetes, PCF, Openshift, etc.
- Platform modernization experience in taking legacy applications to distributed solutions (SaaS, PaaS) is a significant plus
- Designing API interfaces using Swagger/RAML, understanding of API authorization and access control patterns, familiarity with industry standard API gateway
- Extensive proven experience in Java
- Extensive experience with web-based systems architectures, service-based architectures including microservices & enterprise application architecture
- Modeling logical transactions in distributed systems, understanding impact of latency, consistency, and availability tradeoffs
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent team player, capable of working with all levels within the organization
- Experience working in the Financial Services industry is a strong plus
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.