6 months ago
12 months plus
Signature Consultants is seeking a Lead Systems Operations Engineer for an opportunity with a client located in the following cities NY/NJ, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Dallas/Plano, SF, Chicago, and Raleigh.
- Execute incident, problem, change and release management across a wide range of applications and technologies
- Drive remediation activities, run incident bridges, and provide status on active issues
- Drive root cause identification and preventative actions
- Effectively multi-task across a wide range of activities
- Communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with application development teams, business partners, end users, and direct leadership
- Work with vendors and vendor products to troubleshoot issues
- Identify gaps and single points of failure in current technology process or design
- Create, Update and maintain all aspects application specific troubleshooting documentations and Runbooks along with training/knowledge transfer to other team members
- Create, Update and maintain all aspects of application specific build/configuration documentation along with training/knowledge transfer to other team members
- Identify and develop automation for repetitive tasks
- Ensure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- Execute daily maintenance tasks and proactive review of the production environment
- Work incident, problem, and request ticket queues to ensure all tickets are completed on time and to satisfaction
- Application Support experience - I do not want SAs and DBAs
- Ability to automate and drive operational improvement
- Experience creating alerts and managing alerts in ITRS, AppDynamics, SPLUNK, and Grafana is very strong plus. "I am willing to hire just on this experience if the person has SME level knowledge of the tools and can create dashboards and alerting".
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of application production support experience
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage initiatives involving process improvements
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.