25 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Mainframe Developer for an opportunity with a client located in Addison, TX.
- Adhere to security and control, Sarbanes-Oxley, and change control processes
- Design, develop and maintain Mainframe COBOL & JCL to meet support and/or project requirements
- Interface with business and IT teams to understand business requirements and translate business requirements into formal technical requirements and application code
- Work with IT support teams (EIA, DA/DBA, server teams) to ensure support and project requirements are developed and successfully implemented
- Develop and execute unit test and integration plans/scripts to validate that application changes meet technical specifications
- Responsible for full System Development Life Cycle
- Work with business team to complete acceptance testing and participate in integration testing
- Participate in production support/pager duty rotation including weekend and off-hour support coverage
- Provide Solution Delivery Methodology artifacts associated with application components
- Participate in technical reviews at appropriate stages of development
- 10 years of mainframe Development background in design, analysis and coding: COBOL (CICS), JCL, CICS, CA7 etc.
- IT technical background & mainframe programming experience
- Experience in all components of software delivery with concentration in requirements, design and development
- Quick starter to troubleshoot/resolve incidents and business support items
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for working in a global environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Prioritize Business Impact and Urgency
- Perform application support tasks like: systems support, security reviews, & maintenance tasks
- Testing experience
- Ability to learn new technologies and methodologies quickly
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.