16 days ago
Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities.
Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system.
Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience. Have a fundamental & conceptual understanding of the physical and logical relationships between mainframe and distributed applications.
Good communication skills along with problem solving and analytical skills.
- 5+ years of experience with one or more of the following operating system: MVS, z/OS, VM Subsystems
- 5+ years of experience with one or more of the following: IMS, CICS, DB2, MQ
- TSO ISPF, JCL, Procs
- Tools - Experience with one or more of the following: Changeman, Platinum, MQS, SDSF, RMF, CA7/CA11, IMF
- Application support experience
- Application migration experience - managing and coordinating environment infrastructure upgrades and enhancements
- Release management experience (SCM/SQA) - Preferred
- Understanding of multi-environment configuration management
- Banking / Financial Services