26 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Mechanical Engineer II for an opportunity with a client located in San Francisco, CA. Our client is looking for an ideal candidate to drive all aspects of the mechanical design of our products. You will work closely within a cross-functional team to design the mechanical components of Fitbit products to ensure mechanical robustness, function, manufacturability, time to market, and cost goals are met. You will drive decision making amidst ambiguity and competing priorities in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. You will have the opportunity to make an impact on the products we develop and have ownership of our most challenging engineering problems.
- Integrate with cross-functional teams to create high quality products that delight our customers
- Work with ID to assess product features for manufacturability and recommend capable processes, equipment, etc.
- Contribute to the development of the mechanical product architecture
- Detailed design of mechanical components, including complex assemblies and sub-systems. This includes 3D CAD, 2D drawings are the engineering required to ensure robust performance
- Conduct rapid feasibility studies to design for optimal mechanical robustness, schedule, and cost
- Identify and execute on analysis (FEA, TA, etc.) for predictable and successful system builds
- Oversee internal and external prototyping
- Facilitate the appropriate use of design reviews
- Work directly with part suppliers on DFM, tooling kick-off, tool bring-up, and tool/part qualification
- Collaborate with local and overseas engineering and manufacturing teams to qualify tooling and define visual quality requirements
- Work directly with our ODM/CM/JDM partners in support of system assembly build activities
- Root cause analysis and corrective action implementation as a result of build issues and reliability testing
- BS in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in designing consumer oriented products using a broad range of processes and materials, with an emphasis on highly cosmetic plastic/elastomer molding and metal parts (sheet metal, CNC, MIM, etc.)
- 5+ years experience working with overseas suppliers and ODM/CM/JDM partners, specifically designing and ramping high volume parts and assemblies
- Experience with the development and integration of electro-mechanical components, such as display assemblies, batteries, and antenna
- Experience in the areas of: Tolerance Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Design of Experiments, FEA, Thermal Design, DFMEA, DFA, etc. Expertise in Creo/ProE 3D MCAD
- Ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community
- Domestic and international travel up to 25% (once it is safe to travel)
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.