9 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineers for an opportunity with a client located in Manassas, VA. This is a fast paced environment creating and building innovative design solutions.
- Support the design, analysis, test, and integration of air vehicle subsystems, including but not limited to:
Landing gear, Steering, Braking, Flight control actuation, Hydraulic systems, Launch and recovery, Payload doors, Environment control system - ECS, Ground service equipment - GSE
- Support definition of requirements for air vehicle subsystems
- Manage functional and physical interfaces between vehicle subsystems and the vehicle
- Performs analysis, modeling, and simulation to verify subsystems and components meet requirements
- Support execution of component, subsystem, and system-level testing, including generating test plans and procedures, test execution, and analysis of test results
- Communicates information about vehicle subsystem design, requirements, and performance between the design team, management, customer, subcontractors, and vendors
- Minimum of B.S. in mechanical or aerospace engineering (or related STEM discipline) plus 2+ years of relevant experience (or equivalent combination of technical education and experience)
- Demonstrated expertise in development of aerospace vehicle subsystems
- Experience with CAD software (CATIA V5 preferred)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Must be a US Citizens
- Experience leading the development of aerospace systems, from conceptual design through production
- Project management experience
- Experience with system engineering processes, including but not limited to requirements development, system safety analysis (FHA, FTA, FMEA development), and reliability analysis
- Experience with finite element analysis, multi-body dynamics analysis, and/or thermal analysis
- Hands-on experience working with machine shops, specifying fasteners, bearings, and other hardware, integrating prototype aircraft, and conducting performance tests
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.