25 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Middleware Engineer (REMOTE) for an opportunity with a client located in Charlotte, NC. The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading multiple projects on the Technology Infrastructure team within a complex financial organization.
- Lead and/or participate in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities
- Claim responsibilities for components of highly complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities
- Establish input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility, coordination of subsystems design, and integration of total system
- Maintain status as a technology subject matter expert, with the ability to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors
- Have responsibility for multiple, complex projects; will direct activities of teams related to special initiatives or operations and may have direct reports
- Lead the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results
- Oracle WebLogic Server Enterprise Edition 12c
- Apache Tomcat
Required Skills "Must Haves":
- Knowledge of CI/CD with Ansible, Python, Github, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex technical projects
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Knowledge of Hardware Infrastructure, Local Area Networks, and System Development Life Cycle
- Strong background in WebSphere/WebLogic, Unix, J2EE knowledge (Java, JSP's, Servlet, EJB, JMS, MQ, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Web Servers and Web Serve load balancing (GTM/LTM)
Additional Desired Skills:
- Knowledge of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) concepts
- Unix shell (ksh) and Perl scripting with the ability to automate solutions
- Working knowledge of WebSphere, JBoss, and Tomcat
- Capacity planning
- Building out and maintaining Disaster Recovery environment
- Information Technology degree and/or technology certifications preferred or substantial equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of IT experience
- Bladelogic, Splunk, Dynatrace
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.