Pennington, New Jersey
about 1 month ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Network / System Engineer for an opportunity with a client located in Pennington, NJ. As a member of Distributed Environment Service team the person will be responsible for Environments Management, Deployment & Support for Lower Level test Environment and for keeping the environment pristine and as production like as possible.
- Management of application stability, connectivity, and related defect triage in the controlled testing environments
- Deployment of code and/or retrofit of production code
- Communicating to our clients and/or consulting on design of infrastructure
- Rebuilding servers/Desktops
- Working side by side with testers and developers to ensure all are working cohesively
- System patching
- Technical documentation
- Partnership and communications with internal customers and partner teams
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Build and Code Deployment functions
- Effective Communication - Clear, Concise and the ability to articulate ideas
- Should be able to lead and actively participate in conference calls with technical and business users
- Flexible to work in different shifts, including rotational night shift and weekend support
- Experience in Application Lifecycle Management Automation tools and integration using one or more of the following tools: IBM UrbanCode Suite, Ansible by Red Hat, Jenkins or Hudson
- Experience in working with one or more version control tools like BitBucket/Git, RTC (IBM Rational Team Concert), Subversion, Perforce or TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Working knowledge/expertise with JIRA, NEXUS and ALM (Application Lifecycle Management)
- Exposure and familiarity with software development lifecycle methodologies (Agile/Waterfall/V Model)
- Candidate must be self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, able to work with little supervision and a responsible team-player
- Willing and able to work in a 24 X 7 environment including after hours and weekend support to support multiple time zones
- Able to work on Databases: Query and updates
- Computer networking skills and working knowledge: Load balancers, firewall, etc.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Communication, Information Technology.
- Understanding/experience with web application communication protocols - SOAP, HTTP, XML etc
- Basic knowledge on MQ's
- Working knowledge of application setup, support, and configuration
- Expert knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems with hands on experience in Java/unix combination- cd/tail/ls/vi/ssh/ps/telnet etc
- Strong working knowledge of IBM WebSphere (or equivalent - with working knowledge of Linux OS and debugging techniques)
- Exposure and/or hands-on knowledge of UNIX Shell, Perl, Python, and similar scripting language
- Experience with J2EE application servers and webservers - IHS, TOMCAT, WebSphere, JBOSS (websphere and jboss is a plus)
- Exposure to financial, banking business processes, technologies, system and process architecture
- Environment Management skills on UNIX and WINDOWS
- Secure software delivery
- Release management
- Networking skills
- Java Technologies & Containers
- Continuous Integration & Deployment knowledge and hands on skill involving any or all of Jenkins, Maven/Ant, JFrog Artifactory, TFS/BitBucket, and similar CI/CD technologies
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.