20 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Oracle Database Administrator for an opportunity with a client located in W. Miami, FL.
- Drive the development and communication of long-term strategic goals for the database environments to meet existing and future business needs
- Create models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones to take advantage of new technologies
- Install and configure relevant database network components to ensure access as well as database consistency and integrity
- Drive the development of policies and procedures by utilizing best practices and technologies to maximize database performance and efficiency
- Work with application development staff to establish appropriate end-user database access control levels and develop routines for end-users to facilitate best practices database use
- Engage in effective physical data storage allocation and usage to facilitate the data growth as well as resource consumption
- Increase and enhance existing knowledge base with the database group by conducting researches and training to make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets
- Promote efficient data migration processes to meet various business needs for data
- Advocate the adoption of database security policies to prevent un-authorized access to business data
- Effective Written and Verbal Communications
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering or computer science
- Proven work experience as a Database administrator
- Familiarity with Oracle database design, coding, and documentation
- Knowledge of database backup procedures, recovery systems, and SQL
- Knowledge of programming languages and API
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to visualize algorithmic structures
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.