2 months ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Project Manager for an opportunity with a client located in Chicago, IL.
- Analyze risks, establish contingency plans, and identify trigger events then take responsibility for mitigating action
- Communicate risks to project sponsors/stakeholders and escalate issues and risks for mitigation
- Continuous improvement of company's project management framework and methodology
- Facilitate project meetings, as necessary
- Manage all facets of cross-functional technical project and programs, including: budget (providing reporting/updates as needed), program plan, detailed schedules and milestones, status reporting documents, summary information, document repository strategy, team roles and responsibilities, etc.
- Manage change to preserve project plan commitments; initiate review if project require change
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders (including internal and external clients and vendors) and procurement, keeping all necessary parties informed/updated on progress and issues of project to manage expectations
- Track and report on progress to plan, cost, and schedule reporting and change control
- 5+ years of managing complex projects lasting six months or longer and involving more than five team members
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Project Management, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with remote resources
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and provides understanding of project-related information to a diverse audience
- Experience writing and managing business specifications, technical specifications, project plans, and other project documentation
- Highly organized
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or equivalent, Microsoft Office products, JIRA, Confluence
- Project management experience in software delivery from vendor to client or managing vendor deliveries as a client
- Relationship building ability at all levels of customers, suppliers, and consultants
- Thorough understanding and experience in application of project management concepts and techniques along with the skills to establish priorities and define, plan, and execute activities necessary to reach project objectives
- 3+ years of experience in insurance industry
- Skills and Certifications: PMP, Six Sigma, CMMI, Agile PM, or relate
- Willingness to travel up to 10% domestically
- Willingness to deploy to the field for up to two weeks at a time (rarely)
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.