25 days ago
12 months plus
Signature Consultants is seeking a Scrum Master (remote until post Covid-19 ~ onsite after COVID) for an opportunity with a client located in New York, NY. Our client is looking for someone to work on a contract for 12+ months.
- Responsible for managing and evolving Scaled Agile portfolios of the highest complexity
- Facilitates the scrum process on scrum teams with significant cross-functional impacts involving project, non-project, or maintenance work
- Guides the scrum team(s) and organization to follow generally accepted Agile/Scrum practices and daily activities to actively promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint
- Uses empirical data to help the team(s) assess their Scrum Maturity , optimize scrum team velocity to organizational KPIs, and identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team performance
- Proactively addresses systemic impediments to team agility and guides the team(s) on methods to escalate when needed to prevent challenges from becoming blockers
- Coaches scrum team(s) to deliver capabilities using agile practices while also following the Software Development Lifecycle, business process mapping, and various release processes as appropriate to ensure all risk, security, and development requirements are met
- Partners with discipline managers to convey their concerns to scrum teams about governance policies and adherence to corporate standards. Partners with Product Owner(s) to ensure continuous refinement of backlog, which may include stories from multiple projects.
- Facilitates Scrum of Scrums
- Train other Scrum Masters and serve as a mentor to less experienced team members
- Drives Scrum adoption across all levels in the organization.
- Facilitates and is accountable for owning the Scrum and/or Scaled Agile ceremonies for the scrum team(s)
- Partners with Product Owners, Program or Project Managers to communicate delivery of work product from the scrum team(s) and escalates key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness
- Identifies skills & competencies of scrum team members & makes adjustments accordingly to promote development and highly effective teams
- 6+ years experience as a practicing scrum master
- 4+ years experience in capital markets domain (front office/market risk)
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.