about 1 month ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Senior ETL Engineer for an opportunity with a client located in Raleigh, NC. The selected candidate will monitor and troubleshoot automated jobs in an ETL (Extract, Transform & Load) data integration system. Additionally, candidate will build, deploy and maintain ETL processes in that same environment. Must be able to share a rotating, nights and weekends schedule. May need to work other ETL tasks as assigned.
- Monitor scheduled executions of automated ETL jobs, performing triage and troubleshooting as needed
- Build, deploy, and maintain ETL workflows through the use of SQL, Unix Shell script programming and the Informatica Big Data Management platform
- Build and maintain database schemas in Hive/Hadoop
- Validate that data is extracted from structured and unstructured data inputs, databases, and other repositories, using scripts and other automated capabilities, logs, and queries
- Collaborate on code reviews, internal processes, and software enhancements, and understanding of Unix Shell and SQL coding standards
- Perform data extracts, data purges, or data fixes in accordance with internal procedures and policies
- Complete problem tickets, documenting bug fixes, design modifications, and changes based on customer requirements
- Complete various requests for enabling connectivity and access to up/downstream systems
- Degree from an accredited college or university in a technical field (engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related field of study) plus at least 10 years of professional service
- Informatica experience
- Familiarity with operations monitoring
- Experience using ETL tools to perform data manipulation and scheduling various workflows
- Experience with analysis and performance optimization and data structures, SQL and stored procedures
- Working knowledge of Unix commands and shell scripting
- Experience working with application development tools, standards, and languages, including SQL
- Experience working with core infrastructure technologies such as Linux, Windows, and Oracle 11g/12c
- Experience writing monitoring scripts, queries, and automating system tasks Core infrastructure technologies such as Linux, Windows, and Oracle 11g/12c
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.