13 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Senior Technical Writer for an opportunity with a client located in Montgomery Village, MD. Our client is looking for an an Senior Technical Writer. This position requires the ability to product documentation such as datasheets, manuals and help files. This position will be located onsite in Germantown, MD on first shift.
- Create original user documentation and data sheets for telecommunications equipment in hard and soft copy
- Use Help-generation program such as RoboHelp to create online Help files for inclusion in DRT software products
- Assist with printing and binding of DRT manuals and DRT equipment data sheets as needed
- Use Adobe Suite of graphics programs (Illustrator, Photoshop) and MS Visio to create graphic illustrations
- Use digital camera to take of photos of DRT equipment
- Use RoboHelp, MS Office applications, and Adobe Acrobat to create documents
- Operate printers when needed
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Information Science or English
- 8 yrs-10+ years of experience in Technical Writing
- 8 yrs 10+ years of experience with Power Point, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Familiarity with SW repository systems, such as, SVN
- Telecommunications or military experience helpful
- Oral communications capability (to elicit information from engineers)
- Experience with single-source documentation programs, such as RoboHelp
- Knowledge of image and document compression issues
- Through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor)
- 10 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master+8 years related work experience, 14 years related work experience, etc.)
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.