22 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Sr Systems Engineer (remote to start) for an opportunity with a client located in Westchester, IL. Our client is looking for the ideal candidate to work 6-12 month contract to hire. 2 days onsite, 3 days remote eventually.
- Designing and building technical solutions for a hybrid on-premise/cloud environment
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications
- Understanding the needs for new initiatives to build scalable, distributed and high-performance computing cloud-based platform solutions on Azure
- Collaborating with solutions architects
- Managing cloud and on-premise environments in accordance with information security guidelines
- Deploying and debugging Cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle
- Performing system administration tasks including configuration, systems monitoring, troubleshooting, and support while innovating to automate as much as possible
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- 8+ years infrastructure experience5+ years System Engineering experience
- 5+ years of relevant data center experience
- 2+ years Cloud - azure preferred but open to others
- Experience with virtual/cloud infrastructure - VMWare and Microsoft Azure preferred
- Experience with software engineering, scripting, automation and orchestration tools (PowerShell, Ansible, GitHub, Terraform)
- Experience provisioning, configuring and maintaining cloud computing services such as Azure, AWS, and Google, or any public cloud service
- Experience supporting Microsoft technology, including, but not limited to: Windows Server and Client OS, Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, SQL, IIS, DNS, and DHCP
- Operational understanding of IP-based computer networking within LAN and WAN environments including implementations in a public cloud environment
- **MUST be able to convert without sponsorship**
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.