27 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Systems Administrator for an opportunity with a client located in Clayton, MO.
- Maintain and support multi-site Microsoft Windows Server environment along with hardware and software configuration
- Develop, coordinates, and executes plans to ensure that all supported servers are backed up regularly and can be recovered as needed
- Participate in disaster recovery initiatives and disaster recovery tests for the supported server environments.
- Support storage infrastructure including fiber switches, SAN's, NAS's, etc.
- Assign storage resources as needed in order to support server and backup landscapes
- Document resolutions and update procedures and knowledge base documents
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues, working with vendors, various internal teams and support personnel for resolution
- Collaborate with various Business Unit customers on projects, new system builds and on-going support
- Provide Tier 2 support for escalated service desk issues and restore files and systems as needed
- All other duties as assigned
Required Education (certifications, licenses):
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Certifications in vmWare, Microsoft, RedHat and/or ITIL a plus
Required knowledge, skill and abilities
- 2+ years direct work-related experience with enterprise level storage systems, vSan, backup and recovery solutions, disaster recovery design and implementation
- 4+ years direct work-related experience with Windows and Linux systems
- Working knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies
- Scripting experience required (Powershell or Linux/Unix)
- Ability to demonstrate the core and job category competencies
- Customer-focused, results-driven, teamwork, communications, adaptability, initiative, problem solving and quality experience
- Ability to lead by example in support of the Company's essential characteristics and values
- Strong ethics and integrity, dedication to a safe work environment, commitment to a diverse workforce that recognizes and respects every individual's unique skills and perspectives
- Aptitude to adapt and thrive in a fast-moving and changing culture
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and establish rapport with a diverse array of people
- Possess the capability to work independently and manage time effectively in order to meet individual goals and a set of responsibilities to completion
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.