23 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Tier 1 Support for an opportunity with a client located in Austin, TX.
- Embody quality service by providing a reassuring voice during the resolution of a client's networking or technical difficulties
- Troubleshoot network service issues via phone, trouble ticket, email and client portals by providing expertise on intricate issues, including wide area (WAN), local area network (LAN), fiber and Voice technologies
- Ensure timely resolutions by maintaining an accurate database and documenting complex technical issues concisely for repair teams
- Coordinate resolution efforts with additional departments while monitoring and apprising clients
- Improve department processes and technologies through the investigation and identification of the root cause of technical problems
- Support efforts to enhance the client experience through process reviews, analysis and recommendations to leadership
- Perform additional duties related to the position as assigned
- Two or more years of technical support experience in a Technical Assistance Center (TAC), NOC or operations center environment
- Two or more years of network troubleshooting in an operations center
- Two or more years of experience working with either fiber-based networking or managed services, such as Fiber Internet Access, High-Speed Data, Ethernet, Managed Network Services, Managed Security Services, Managed WiFi Services, Enterprise Trunking, Hosted Voice or Enterprise TV Services.
- Experience with network protocols, radio frequency (RF), routers, layer-2 switches, virtual private network (VPN), course wavelength division multiplexing (CWDM), hybrid-fiber coax (HFC) plant and delivery system, routing protocols and policies, Wi-Fi and voice over internet protocol (VoIP) platforms
- Skilled in troubleshooting technical issues, failed equipment, facility issues and escalating as appropriate to provide quality service
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise hardware and software technical environments
- Know the pros and cons of coaxial cable and fiber optics
- Learn quickly within a team environment
- Ability to thrive under pressure while making decisions independently, resolving issues and demonstrating a sense of urgency
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outloo.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization
- Bachelor's or Associate degree in a technical field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required)
- Cisco or Juniper certification or equivalent industry-recognized certificate (preferred)
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.