16 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Spanish Translation Specialist (REMOTE) for a contract-to-hire opportunity to work with our client located in Charlotte, NC. Our client is seeking an experienced bilingual (English/Spanish) communications specialist to support a wide range of strategic programs across business segments.
- Translate, edit, and proofread print and digital products from English into Spanish
- Perform quality control of translations in Spanish from other translators to ensure that linguistic and culturally appropriate materials are available to Limited English Proficiency (LEP) audiences
- Manage translation requests for our customers to deliver quality products on time and on budget
- Coordinate translation and alternate format requests with external vendors
- Perform quality control reviews of materials translated in other languages (e.g., Arabic, Chinese, Russian, etc.)
- Provide administrative support including requesting estimates, processing invoices, entering accruals, etc.
- Conduct consumer research and readability assessments with Hispanic audiences
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Spanish, Journalism, Communications, or related field required
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience as a professional translator
- American Translators Association (ATA) certification preferred
- A native Spanish speaker is required
- Fluency in Spanish and English (speaking, reading, writing) required
- Excellent editorial skills to ensure style, tone, grammar, and consistency according to requirements
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in clear and simple terms
- Strong knowledge of Latino culture and awareness of cultural, linguistic, and geographical variations
- Proven ability to apply knowledge and experience in a time-pressured, deadline-intensive environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills
- Experience conducting one-on-one cognitive interviews and focus groups preferred
- Experience managing vendor quotes, approvals, schedules, and invoices
- Experience performing quality reviews
- Experience providing administrative support and backup coverage to translation team lead
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and translation software tools (Preferably Trados)
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.