Fort Lauderdale, Florida
about 1 month ago
Signature Consultants is looking for a Video Software Engineer to work on a contract position with one of our clients located in Fort Lauderdale, FL. The ideal candidate will have experience writing OTT applications and working with streaming video. As part of the Video team you will work with talented developers designing and building out the next generation of video products. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude, innovative coding skills and proven teamwork experience.
- Work with other engineers to maintain and evolve our video encoding platform
- Plan, Design and Build out cloud-based microservices to support video processing workflows
- Investigate and resolve video encoding issues
- Work with the Live streaming events team on configuring and managing live streaming events
- Field questions and requests from site publishers regrading video encoding / playback
- Work with other developers and Operations team on streamlining CI/CD solution
- Encourage an engineering culture that promotes test-driven development and code coverage
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Automating live streaming events workflow
- Collaborate with a live encoding team to craft solutions for video streaming that reduce latency
- Evolve and automate asset ingestion pipeline
- Work with development teams on re-architecture/modernizing of existing systems into the cloud
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with AVC, HEVC, VP9, AV1, AAC video and audio codec standards
- Understanding of various multimedia transport protocols such as: RTP, RTMP, SRT, UDP, Zixi
- Experienced in developing and maintaining cloud-based live video workflows.
- Experience working with Cloud/SaaS services such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud
- Experience in programming languages such as GoLang, Python, & NodeJS
- Drive issues to resolution and provide root cause analysis if needed and work with multiple teams to launch new services across client platforms
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong experience with video broadcasting and streaming media standards
- Video troubleshooting experience
- Experience with Digital Rights Management Systems (DRM), including Playready, Widevine & FairPlay
- Understanding of HLS/Dash and HLS/Dash based server-side ad stitching products
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.